Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who has an UGG Obsession?

      ME!!! *raises BOTH hands*

      Yes, they are UGG-ly. Their days of being trendy are long gone...(although by the way they predominate kids', tweens', and teens' wardrobes, you would think otherwise). But they are oh so warm, and oh so comfortable. And hey, despite being ugly, they also can look cute in a "I-don't-really-care-what-my feet-look-like-as-long-as-I'm-warm" kind of way. I currently own two pairs of sheepskin boots. My very first pair that I bought 5 years ago, when they entered the fashion world and no one in America quite knew what they were, I pretty much completely destroyed--UGG Classic Tall in Sand. I remember them clearly...I even wore them in August, in the blazing heat..with a little mini jean skirt and blue argyle socks peeking out of them. People thought I was totally insane. All in the name of fashion.

     Five years later, I have a pair of UGG Classic Tall in Chestnut (which I absolutely adore), and a pair of LFA (Love from Australia) Cupid Sheepskin Boots that I love so much that even though I bought them 3+ years ago, I have never worn them outdoors except to maybe doing something equivalent to taking out the trash. Here are my babies (image from www.lfaboots.com):

       The first time I saw them was in a picture of Cameron Diaz. When I saw them, I had to have them. I love them so much, even though I bought them 3+ years ago, I have yet to wear them outdoors for anything much more than something equivalent to taking out the trash. Really expensive house slippers? Yes. Maybe one day soon I will have the courage to actually wear them out...just not yet.

      And my most recent obsession? The Australia Luxe Collective Bedouin Boot in Navy. I couldn't find a picture of them in Navy, but here they are in Chestnut (courtesy of www.singer22.com):



      I've seen this style around for years, but it wasn't until I saw them in Navy did I start obsessing. Oi. Maybe one day soon, my dream will become a reality. Do you have an Sheepskin Boot obsession you'd like to share?

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment