Saturday, January 9, 2010

Swearing-In Day

    Yesterday, I was sworn into the District of Columbia Bar. YAY! Just 6 months and $700 later. =/ Anyhow, being that I had to go to court, I had to wear one of my suits. I thought this would be a good occasion to show everyone how I "clean up".

    Thus far, I only have two suits. Both black, and both Talula Babaton by Aritzia. The one I chose to wear was my wool/lycra blend suit which has a one-button jacket and a wide-ish straight leg pant. The button down dress shirt was a grey-printed white button down from Jacob that I purchased a few years ago (possibly last year). Sorry about these pics, I was having a hard time getting some decent ones using the timer, so I had to do them in my filthy mirror:


      
      The jacket and pants are both size 0. But Aritzia does carry them both in 00; you will most likely have to have them shipped in from another store or one of their warehouses, but I have seen them in the store on a few rare occasions. As you can see the fit is pretty fab, with *zero* alterations except for hemming the pant to the proper length. Even the rise on the pant is perfect--not too high, and not too low.


    
      I hate tucking in my dress shirt into my pants. I feel like it emphasizes my short torso (plus the wrinkling!), but I really don't have a choice because otherwise I look sloppy. Here's a close-up of the print of the shirt and the sleeve. It has an extra long 3-button cuff. The shirt fits pretty well for being a non-petite size. The sleeves are a little long, but I think that has to do with the extra long cuff.  I'm wearing it in XS. I'm always looking for a not-so-plain button down. It can really give visual interest to the old boring suit and button down.


     
I'm also wearing a reversible belt by Nine West that I bought from Marshall's and these black wedge boots from Bandolino:



      
      I really love these boots. They have the perfect almond toe and a not-too-high wedge heel. My only gripe is that the heel part of the wedge is SLIPPERY. I need to get that part zipsoled. For now I just stick on one of those stick-on grip soles (Foot Petals Sole Stoppers or what I use is Aldo brand) and trim it to fit the heel just to prevent my death if come in contact with a slick floor.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment