Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BR/GAP/ON F&F

      Did anyone take advantage of the BR/GAP/ON Family & Friends weekend? I know the unspoken rule is to wait until after the F&F, because everything seems to go on sale afterwards, but I saw a few things for my niece on the ON website that I wanted to get for her birthday which were already on sale. I know I always say I don't like ON, but for babies/children they are very inexpensive--perfect for sprouting babies, and like it's GAP counterpart, not everything for girls is PINK! I admit, I did make a few purchases for myself before I checked out. A saw a pair of rubber "studded" flip flops from ON, and this dress from BR peaked my interest:


      It looks somewhat similar to another BR dress I tried on a few weeks ago, only this time it actually comes in Petite sizing, so I thought, "Why not?". I needed to get over that $100 mark to get free shipping anyway and nothing else was really grabbing me. I opted for this toasted almond color instead of black and for a size 00P. I had no expectations for this dress. In fact, I had no intention of ever keeping it:




      Regular price is $130, and is made of 71% Rayon, 27% Nylon, 2% Spandex.  It looked pretty great on, surprisingly. Great length and short enough in the torso, and fitted around the hip area. It was much more fitted than on the model in the picture. I should have expected so given the description of the material. It is a thick material, but still very stretchy...and unforgiving in this size. Don't be fooled, I'm wearing a Yummie Tummies camisole under this dress! I think I've put on a few extra pounds since I started my temp project. I haven't quite figured out how to eat properly while working the long hours. So until those pounds come off, the cami is here to stay! The lighter color doesn't help either, but I really don't want another dark-colored dress. I'm still on the fence about it, but I'm leaning towards keeping it. If you like sheath dresses, this is definitely one to try out. The unique seaming also helps the shape of the dress and is very flattering. If you don't like your dresses quite so fitted, try sizing up. I'm not sure how it will look, but it will be more forgiving (and probably won't require any SPANX-like garments).


       Here is what I purchased for my niece for her 1st birthday:




      [Almost] All little girls love a little tutu.


      Halter maxi:




      So cute, huh? My niece is a little on the smaller side, so I hope she grows into it by the time summer comes around. I hope her mommy doesn't think they are too "grown-up". I hope to have a mini-me to dress up some day (just not any time soon).

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

3 comments:

Ms. Shopportunity said...

Love, love, love the dress! And I agree with you that it's always great to have options besides black. I just think it'd be too fitted on me given that I, too, have put on a few pounds recently...

Really Petite said...

Love the BR dress :) It looks great on you!!!

Ms. Shopportunity said...

Love, love, love the dress! And I agree with you that it's always great to have options besides black. I just think it'd be too fitted on me given that I, too, have put on a few pounds recently...

Post a Comment