Thursday, April 1, 2010

Experiment

   I've been raving about Bloch flats the last week, and so I decided to perform an experiment. So badly did I want to try these Block Arabian Charina flats:


And well....



...I did!




      I purchased them from Zappos for an ungodly price: $179.  There was NO WAY I was going to keep these. They are $158 on WinkNYC and you can get an extra 30% off with "DCDEALS" making them a more reasonable $110. But unfortunately WinkNYC does not have free returns and I had no idea if these were sized similarly to the Giselle Roll Up Flats and if they were even remotely similar in comfort. I needed to be able to return them, hassle-free. So I ordered them from Zappos, and unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), they didn't quite work for my hyper-sensitive feet. They are so adorable though!




      I ordered them in a size 7, but I think they were a little big. If I were to buy these (and keep them permanently) I would probably go with a 6.5 for my size 6 feet. They were still rather comfortable and the snakeskin leather was soft, but the edges around the opening of the shoe felt a little "sharp". They didn't quite mold to my feet like the Giselle style. And knowing my feet, it would not be good at the end of the day. If you have normal non-hyper-sensitive feet, then these are definitely worth a try if you are willing to spend a pretty penny.


     Also, if you haven't already heard, Ann Taylor is having 40% off everything in store and online with the code "SAVE40". I actually did go into the store today on my lunch break, but quite literally there was almost NOTHING in XS, 0P, 00P or even S left in the store. I was so confused. I couldn't even try anything on if I wanted to because there were no small sizes left. Note to Store Managers, If you know your particular store demographic (mostly women who wear size 4/S and smaller) you should stock your clothes in those sizes so you don't have 30 shirts left in stock that are all M, L or XL. Am I right? Ugh.


    I plan to make a trip to H&M and Zara tomorrow on my day off. Hopefully I have some fitting room goodies to share!

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

4 comments:

PetiteAsianGirl said...

Agreed...I think it's ridiculous how poorly stocked companies are with small sizes, both in store AND online. You should've seen the sales rack at the Ann Taylor NY store ... everything size 6 and above. I was so irked ... do store managers not want business??

I was, however, lucky and spotted a lone pewter colored skirt in 00. It fit perfectly : )

PetiteAsianGirl said...

Oh, and ... too bad those are too big! They are as cute on you as in person, however I do see what you mean about the edges being sharp. They even look sharp in the photo on your feet!

diaryofashopper said...

Those are gorgeous shoes, wish they were more comfy for you. :)

It is so cute how you took a picture right after you opened the outside box!

diaryofashopper said...

Those are gorgeous shoes, wish they were more comfy for you. :)

It is so cute how you took a picture right after you opened the outside box!

Post a Comment