Wednesday, September 22, 2010

EOTD: The Go-To

     A short while back, Kelly from Alterationsneeded.com had a post that talked her "go-to" outfit (see here). Hers consisted of a cute top, with a button-down cardigan, dark jeans, and heels. Mine? A simple top, dark jeans, a jacket, and a great pair of shoes or boots:

Blazer: Jacob (Black, size 0).
Top: Club Monaco (Grey, size XS).
Denim: J Brand 10" skinnies (Ink, size 24).
Shoes: Eric Michael Vogue OTK Boot (Black, size 37).
Handbag: Olivia Harris Hobo Bag (Teal patent).
Necklace: Long String of fake pearls.

     I'm generally not big on pearls. I associate them with a snobby, southern, conservative, upper class woman. I know this isn't necessarily true, I just...watch too much TV? LOL. In this case, however, I think the pearls are a great feminine touch to this menswear-inspired ensemble.  I actually bought this string of fake pearls when I was a young teen when I saw a photo of Alyssa Milano (who I just loved on Who's the Boss? as a child) wearing a very long strand of pearls around her wrist. After laying my eyes on that photo I was determined to get a similar pair. I don't think I've ever been brave enough to wear them until now.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

12 comments:

Alterations Needed said...

Not only do the pearls fem down the masculine outfit, but I think the outfit actually toughens up the pearls so they don't look very feminine at all! With the jacket open, the pearls look pretty bad-ass. =) It's a great pairing!

curls-and-pearls said...

I agree with AN about the pearls looking bad ass - great look! Gah - I LOVE pearls - I'm DEFINITELY not a snobby, southern, conservative, upper class woman LOL -- well maybe I'm conservative to a point :P Those boots of yours are one of my favorite items on you!

cuteandlittle said...

I'm usually not a fan of pearls wither, but I agree with Kelly (from Alterations Needed) that the pearls do take the edge off the outfit. With the knee-high boots, I don't think people will be thinking southern, snobby, or conservative! Very nice look!

xoxo,
Kileen

http://cuteandlittle.wordpress.com

AubreyOhDang! said...

the armlength of this blazer is just perfect on you. and i love the OTK boots.

Really Petite said...

Love this outfit! You definitely look bad a**!!! Love the blazer- fits you perfectly!

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I love this outfit on you. Everything well put together from head to toes :) My favorite item is the blazer. Is there a Jacob store in DC? I am definitely going to check them out when I am in DC. I love pearls too

Cher said...

Unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank account) there is no Jacob in DC. It is a Canadian store with a few B&M stores in MA. If you are ever in Canada or Boston you should definitely check it out! From what I've heard, they will soon start making XXS as well for the extra, extra tiny!

PetiteXXS said...

I used to associate pearls with middle-aged upper class "ladies who lunch" too, but have really started to like them a lot recently. You usually have such an edgy look and I think the pearls make a nice contrast and keep it looking feminine :)

Canadianpetite said...

I love that jacket. Lately I've been checking out pearls (three months now) but haven't found THE one. You should def let those pearls see light more often. They look good -- the way you wear them!

PetiteXXS said...

I used to associate pearls with middle-aged upper class "ladies who lunch" too, but have really started to like them a lot recently. You usually have such an edgy look and I think the pearls make a nice contrast and keep it looking feminine :)

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I love this outfit on you. Everything well put together from head to toes :) My favorite item is the blazer. Is there a Jacob store in DC? I am definitely going to check them out when I am in DC. I love pearls too

AubreyOhDang! said...

the armlength of this blazer is just perfect on you. and i love the OTK boots.

Post a Comment