Wednesday, September 8, 2010

H&M Fitting Room Finds

     It was the last long weekend of the summer, and I went home to Toronto for a little R&R (to my project manager's dismay). I made a couple of trips to the mall and tried on a few things and I want to share what I found...at least on my first trip. During my second trip I found quite a few more things (bigger mall), but it was also the weekend, and the stores were crowded and messy and I just didn't feel like dealing with the craziness. Of course, one of the stores I had to check out was H&M. I wasn't really too impressed with what they had to offer compared to other days, but I did bring in some pieces into the fitting room that I was excited about.



     Initially, I thought that this jacket had some potential. A little military inspired (it also comes in grey) and the belt actually comes with it. I brought a size 4 into the fitting room, but it is a little bit too big in the sleeves and little too big in the waist. I think I might have been able to fit a size 2 without too much shoulder restriction. It probably would have looked better overall in a smaller size. I believe the price for this is $39.95 or $49.95 (I forgot to take a picture of the price tag). It also seemed to come with a matching skirt, but then it seemed a little too matchy-matchy. I would prefer the jacket with a great pair of jeans, anyway.



     I saw this dress in a few colors including a very pretty blue metallic. It's a little bit too A-lined for me, and probably a little too long. I feel a little bit overwhelmed by the skirt. I normally wouldn't have picked this up, but I'm trying to branch out just a little bit and see if make my style slightly more feminine than my typical tomboy-inspired look. I'm wearing it in a size 4. I had a heck of a time trying to get this off over my shoulders since there was no zipper. That was annoying. Maybe I would have tried it in a size 2 if I wasn't so scared of not being able to take it off! This retails for $39.95.



     I don't know what it is about this nude colored dress, but I love it. It's not even my style...it's a little bit too frilly and girly, but i still think it's adorable. I am wearing it in a size 4 and it fits perfectly! The price is $39.95. I decided against buying this, but now I'm having second thoughts. I can picture it looking totally hot with a great pair of platform heels. I thought that maybe I wouldn't like the little ruffle going down the front, but it is actually a beautiful detail. I didn't even feel like I needed a belt to make this work.



     Camel and nude are huge colors this fall and I just love it.  It can also be a somewhat difficult color to pull off if you wear it close to the face. This is not quite caramel or nude, but more of a bronze color so it is just enough contrast against my skin without washing it out. Although it doesn't look too special in the pictures I took, I actually saw some potential in this and decided to buy it. How cute will it be with my GAP Really Skinny pants? I also saw this in a metallic dusty rose color. It's pure silk and I'm wearing it in a size 34 (equivalent to 4). It's price tag said $34.95. So pretty!


     As I mentioned a few posts ago, I am starting a new project with lots of OT hours, so I apologize in advance if this blog slows down a little bit over the next little while. I will try to keep posting as best I can!

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

13 comments:

curls-and-pearls said...

Wow really great finds! You are brave to go to H&M on a weekend! I only go there on weekdays after work ;)

That jacket looks great with the jeans - I agree, just slightly too big though. Ok I LOVE that nude coloured dress that you tried on!! Ahhh it's so cute and I think it looks great on you!

And that silk top is gorgeous on you. I can see that dressed up or dressed down really easily. I may have to check it out :)

Callandra said...

Love that nude dress with the ruffle so much!!

Sara said...

HAH I definitely tried to try on that grey dress, and I agree that it's really hard to get on. I stopped halfway and decided against it because I didn't want to own any item I could potentially be trapped in lol

Hanna said...

I have to agree with Curls and Pearls that the jackets looks a bit big. Maybe its the belt? I'm not quite sure.

And yessssssss on nude colored dresses! I don't know why I like them so much either. I don't think a belt with that dress is necessary either. It might destroy the waterfall ruffle look.

AubreyOhDang! said...

did the nude dress w/the ruffles come w/a belt by any chance?

Cee said...

I'll admit I'm a sucker for ruffles :) I think the nude colored dress looks great on you -- really shows off your tan! I'm trying to picture it with a colored belt... I think that'll help break it up. Great finds!

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I went to H&M today and I have to force myself to walk out with nothing :( I have spent way too much money in the past few weeks. They do have ridiculously cute stuff in store now. Love that nude dress. Great find!

Really Petite said...

My fav is the dress with the ruffles! Super cute on you!

Cher said...

I'm seriously thinking of going back to buy the nude dress with the ruffle!

Aubrey: No, the dress with the ruffle didn't come with a belt.

Annie P. said...

You have to get that nude dress with the ruffle! It's gorg! If you don't get it I will! LOL

PetiteAsianGirl said...

I got your nude dress with the ruffles, except in army green. Now I am having second thoughts and may like it better in the color you are modeling! was $35 USD so I'm guessing those are canadian prices you listed. It looks nice both belted and unbelted.

Cher said...

PAG: Oh yes, they are Canadian prices. I'm not sure why, but I assumed the prices would be the same. I guess because I've seen the same on some items and just assumed that it was true for all. And it comes in green? I never saw it in green.

Cher said...

I'm seriously thinking of going back to buy the nude dress with the ruffle!

Aubrey: No, the dress with the ruffle didn't come with a belt.

Post a Comment