Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Trend: Velvet

     It's still pretty warm in D.C., but I'm already super excited about Fall clothes! It's my favorite season for fashion. I'm far more creative with my wardrobe during the fall. In the summer, my inner tomboy emerges and all I really want to wear is a t-shirt or tank and a pair jeans, which in D.C. is apparently not allowed because it is so humid!


     One of the biggest trends this coming Fall/Winter is textured fabric, including velvet (also don't forget tweed, lace, felt, faux fur, etc.). I'm not an overly huge velvet fan, and I don't like velour at all (I think it's a result of my parents owning a velvet covered couch back in the '70s and '80s), but I can certainly appreciate a great velvet jacket to polish off an outfit. I would have never bought this blazer myself, but my mom bought this for my birthday one year and I just never had a chance to wear it. I think this coming fall season will be the perfect time:


 

     It's originally from Jacob, maybe four or five years ago. Size 0 in this dark plum color. Looks gorgeous with a pair of dark jeans and heels. It's pretty warm. I was starting to sweat in the apartment when I was taking pictures so it's definitely for cooler weather. Also worn with Smart Set lace trim  camisole (white, size XS), Paige Laurel Canyon Jeans (McKinley, size 25), Calvin Klein Feliz Boot (black calf, size 6.5), and Olivia Harris Satchel (Teal patent), and another big trend this season, a leopard scarf (from eBay).


  

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

8 comments:

curls-and-pearls said...

That blazer is gorgeous and I love the plum wtih the Teal bag too.

Cee said...

I'm not a fan of velvet either... I just don't know how to style it! This is a great look, I think the leopard print scarf almost adds in more "texture", so it goes well with the blazer.

PetiteXXS said...

I think with velvet, you either love it or you don't lol. I had a friend who was obsessed with it, but I never really understood why. I don't hate it but I don't especially go out of my way to find it either. But it definitely seems like a cold weather item!

AubreyOhDang! said...

I love the jewel-tone colors, even if it comes in velvet. and a pop of leopard/animal print? Oh that's fierce!

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I am not a big fan of velvet, either. I don't think I own anything velvet. The material sure will keep you warm during cold seasons.

stylepint said...

I love the look of velvet, but I always worry about it catching lint everywhere I go. But the deep plum looks so luxe. Plus the animal print scarf really pulls the whole look together! =)

TinyInTexas said...

I really love this velvet blazer and this outfit. I wanted one so bad last year in a deep purple from J. Crew but never pulled the trigger and I regret it!

Also I just found your blog and I have the same problem with pants as you- I need a long inseam but everything is too wide in the hips and waist! Glad to know I'm not alone, haha.

Soo said...

The blazer looks great on you, especially with those awesome jeans ( i heart paige), and I love the animal print scarf even more! It is my new addiction, especially anything python!

Post a Comment