Saturday, October 23, 2010

H&M Fitting Room Finds Quickie, Part 2

    A trip to H&M this weekend, another "quickie", but this time not because I didn't want to try anything on--in fact, I wanted to try as much on as I could, but I just couldn't find anything I really liked (or maybe I just wasn't in a creative mood)! Goes to show how hit and miss H&M can be. Only three weeks ago, I was overwhelmed by how many items I wanted to try on.


   I actually only brought two different items into the fitting room. The first was this grey button down blouse in size 4:



     I really liked this top; I see it as very versatile and it made pretty well. The sleeves are actually just above the elbow. It's not one of those long-sleeved tops that you can roll up and button. It is a 100% polyester, not silk, but I really didn't mind. Some people are still afraid of polyester, but polyester isn't what it used to be. Some really great quality items, including suits, are made from polyester blends these days. It can wear incredibly well. It is $39.95CA (likely translates to $34.95US). I came close to buying this, but I figured if I was going to buy it, I should wait until I get back to D.C. and save myself a little extra money since the exchange rate is about equal. 


     I also tried on this dress, which I saw on a fashion forum. I loved the green color, so when I saw it in the store, I rushed to try it on. I picked it up in a size 2 and a 4. The first one I tried on was the size 4 because I seem to have more luck with this size recently:



Loved the color on, but you say it looks a little bit in the front? Yes, I agree. But do you know why?



     I could not zip the 4 all the way up! This dress is SMALL. I have never worn a size 6 in H&M, ever. But I definitely needed it in this this.  I could actually zip it up a little higher than I show in these pictures, but it was not all that comfortable. I couldn't really think of an occasion to wear this dress so I didn't even bother looking for a size 6. The price is $59.95CA (or $54.95US?). It was very pretty though and it  seemed to drape nicely (despite not being able to zip it up).


     I should also mention, I am totally in love with everything in Jacob right now. LOL. I'm usually much more of a fan of their fall/winter collections than of their spring/summer items. I don't like to take pictures in the fitting rooms there because the lighting is so poor. But I should mention to my Canadian readers (I don't know if this promotion applies to the stores in and around Boston), that on Monday, October 25, if you go into the store and for every piece of used clothing you donate (it has to be in good and wearable condition), you will get 25% off a single item in the store. So say you bring in five used items to be donated, you will get 25% off five items in the store. Great deal for a great cause. So if you are eyeing some pieces in the store, Monday is definitely the time to go...if only I was still going to be in town! ARGH! 
EDIT: This is good until December 24th on all regular sale items! No shoes, socks, underwear, or clothes that are soiled or ripped. 

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

3 comments:

curls-and-pearls said...

Thanks for the heads up on Jacob! I've been staying away from the malls lately due to my recent discovery of the convenience of online shopping - that has definitely put a dent in my wallet LOL!

Wow, can't believe you couldn't zip that dress up! Crazy!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The button down looks really nice on you!! Something about the color, I guess :)

Aw, I hate it when dresses don't zip up. H&M has funny sizes. It's really hard to tell what will fit by their crazy sizing :p

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The button down looks really nice on you!! Something about the color, I guess :)

Aw, I hate it when dresses don't zip up. H&M has funny sizes. It's really hard to tell what will fit by their crazy sizing :p

Post a Comment