Thursday, October 7, 2010

H&M Fitting Room Finds Quickie

     First off, I want to apologize for the lack of posts in the last week. I've been going through some personal issues and have been working extra hours. Together, not exactly a good motivational situation to blog. I'll do the best I can though, but please forgive me if there are large gaps between posts in the next while, I'll need some time to pull myself together.


     When I went to T.O., of course I made a quick stop at H&M. I put myself on a super-low/no-buy this month, so to avoid temptation (yes, I know I shouldn't even be in the store anyway), I didn't try much on despite seeing some really interesting pieces.


    I tried on this nude colored dress that is sort of similar to the last H&M nude dress I tried on here:




    I tried it on in a size 4, but it seemed rather large when I put it on. I probably could have gone down to a 2. It was just too large around the shoulders and the bust. Compared to other nude dress, I just didn't like this one at all despite the really pretty pleating. I forgot to take a picture of the price tag, so I have absolutely no idea how much it cost. If I had to guess, it was probably $39.95CA.


     I saw this really great skirt with lace overlay:


   I saw so much potential in this skirt that I just *had* to try it on. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my credit card), there was only a size 2 and no 4:



I couldn't quite get it to zip up all the way! It was really beautiful though, and if it had fit, I would've had a really difficult time putting it down.  It seemed pretty well made as the skirt itself was actually quite thick, and just the perfect length too. A simple blouse with a great pair of pumps and even with a small jacket on top would make an classic and sophisticated outfit. It's price is $39.95CA. Love, love, love!

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

11 comments:

PetiteXXS said...

I really like the skirt! I'm a bit smaller than you so you definitely piqued my curiosity... it's going on my list of items to look for next time I go to H&M! :)

TinyInTexas said...

That skirt is gorgeous!!! I wish I had an H&M nearby, I would love to own this skirt. Hopefully you will find your size :)

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I love that lace skirt. I seem to buy lots of lace-y stuff lately. If it was tight on you, it probably will fit me. $39.99 is a bit pricey for H&M skirt but I might go to the store and see it in person. Thanks for the review

Vyile said...

Hi, you have a really awesome and nicely structured blog. I am enjoying it.
Would you mind checking out/following my blog at:
vyile.blogspot.com ?

Elle said...

The lace skirt looks terrific on you! I kind of want one now too...the H&M here sucks though so chances are they won't carry this item. And the nude dress looks so big on you, I think it would've looked much better if you tried a size 2.

curls-and-pearls said...

Just saw that skirt on Ping too - I think I'm going to check it out :)

AubreyOhDang! said...

@petiteXXS, I definitely relate to your blog the most b/c I'm your size. I own this lace skirt from H&M. I know it'll fit you nicely! Was surprised that it didn't fit Ping on her latest post.

MsHark said...

Cute finds! Hey, I was wondering.... are the air astrid flats comfortable? and do they run true to size? usually I am an 8.5, but my size is sold out in the color I want... they have a 9... was thinking maybe I should try it - what do you think?

The astrid flat comes in a color I am really looking for (a rich sort of tannish color).

Cher said...

@MsHark: I'm pretty sure I went up half a size in the Astrid (I'd have to recheck my post). I'm usually a size 6. They are comfortable, but made more for a wider foot (well, wider than mine). I prefer the Air Bandon if you have your heart set on Cole Haan. My first choice would be Matt Bernson Waverly flats.

CynthiaC said...

I got that H&M skirt too. The 2 zipped up, but it felt really tight. The 4 was a little big, and I can either wear it with a belt or just leave it on the loose side (hey, a girl's gotta eat).

MsHark said...

Cute finds! Hey, I was wondering.... are the air astrid flats comfortable? and do they run true to size? usually I am an 8.5, but my size is sold out in the color I want... they have a 9... was thinking maybe I should try it - what do you think?

The astrid flat comes in a color I am really looking for (a rich sort of tannish color).

Post a Comment