Friday, October 29, 2010

Networking EOTD



    [Well thankfully, my new USB cord came quickly! Phew! I was worried I was going to go weeks without being able to blog a single post. I am happy to say now though, that things can start getting back to normal.]


    The weather in DC has been rather strange the last few weeks. Completely unseasonal for the time of year, leaving me ultra confused as to what to wear when it's hot in the middle of the day, but really chilly in the morning and at night.

     I had to attend an alumni dinner last night, which meant schmoozing with some suits, so I thought I would step it up a little bit without actually putting a suit on. After all, you never know who is going to be there! This was the perfect time to make use of my new ATL cropped tweed jacket in a more conservative setting before it got too cold:
 
Sweater: Nygard Cashmere Turtleneck (black, size XS)
Jacket: ATL Cropped Tweed 3/4-sleeve jacket (size XSP)
Pants: Jacob Trousers (Black with black pinstripe, size 0)
Boots: Bandolino Indulge Booties (black, size 6.5)
Scarf: Love Quotes (Mallard)

      Just a little pop of color to stand out in a crowd. I was actually going to wear my suit pants, but I realized I hadn't orn these pants in a while, so I just put them on to see if they still fit, and they stayed on. When I stepped outside around 5pm it was still way too warm for this whole outfit! I'm sure I looked completely ridiculous with the turtleneck, jacket, AND scarf, but when I left the restaurant around 10:30pm, it was perfect. 

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

6 comments:

PetiteLittleGirl said...

I saw that jacket the other day and debated whether I should get it or not. I ended up did not get it. It looks great on you. I did buy the matching skirt though

curls-and-pearls said...

I love that jacket, it looks great on you!

AubreyOhDang! said...

these type of jackets go great w/a long sleeve.

Michelle said...

I love the pop of color!

Seeing you in this jacket makes me want to get it! I tried it on, bought found the collar bothersome...but I wonder if I was ultra sensitive about it. Does it bother you?

Cher said...

@Michelle: I tend to find it more bothersome if I wear a non-turtleneck top layered underneath. It's not the softest of fabrics, that's for sure. If anything, I'm worried about the itch. As for having it poking in my face because it is more of a stand-up collar doesn't really bother me at all.

PetiteXXS said...

I remember seeing that jacket... I've been looking for tweed items this fall, but passed on this one because it looked like it'd be to boxy. It looks really nice on you though, and I love the pop of color with the scarf.

Post a Comment