Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keeping it simple.



    I have to say that my photos are terrible in the morning. And I had to go into the stairwell TWICE this morning because the first time after I was all set up, I realized that the battery in my camera wasn't charged. So I went back to the apartment, charged it for 10 minutes and then took a few quick shots before the camera died. So there's only three shots here, sorry:

 
Sweater: Jacob Narrow Boatneck Sweater (Mocha, size XS).
Jeans: Paige Premium Denim Verdugo Jeggings (McKinley, size 24).
Tank: Banana Republic Knit Tank (White, size XS).
Shoes: Vince Camuto Prettie Flat (Black, size 6).
Necklace: Target.
Ring: Adia Kabur Stackable Mixed Ring Set (Gold/Silver, size 7).
Handbag: Olivia Harris (Teal Patent Leather).

     I used to love crew necks so much in my younger days. I realize now that a V-neck is more flattering, but I'm still a quite drawn to the crew neck. Maybe it's a tomboy thing. This particular sweater has a slightly wider neck than a regular crew neck and so, so soft. Too bad it pills like crazy on my left hip. This seems to happen on a lot of my sweaters, all in the same spot. I can't seem to figure out why. I noticed the same thing on another girl once. Does any one else have this problem? Why in always the same spot?


   I really should be posting more work-appropriate EOTDs. I guess I'm just not entirely happy with what I have in my work wardrobe right now so I'm just avoiding it altogether. The next EOTD will not include jeans, I promise.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

11 comments:

Brooke said...

i love that bag

Sara said...

The piling has to be from something brushing against it - so either your purse, or your free arm that's swinging while you walk! I agree about crewnecks, I always want them but they never win against a flattering V or U shape!

Jen said...

Do you carry your purse on your left? I get crazy pilling on my right side because of the friction of my bag against me.

curls-and-pearls said...

HEY I get pilling on my left side too! Near my hip area at the back. Actually on one of my older coats that I couldn't afford to replace at the time, the lining was all torn on the left side too. If someone could explain this mystery I would be grateful! I always chalked it up to me somehow leaning on the back of my chair more on the left side.

Cher said...

Ooh, good call! I actually carry my purse on my right side, but my arm swinging on my left could do it. I was thinking that it might be the tag on the inside of my coat, but I looked and there was no tag there. LOL. Mystery solved!

kileen said...

the crewnecks look really great on you and i like the layering. the bag is also gorgeous and the perfect accessory to glam up the look!

cute and little
come enter my giveaway!

Canadianpetite said...

I love crewnecks too even tho I know Vnecks lengthen. Oh well - could always wear it for home.

One side of my pants pill up too! I thought it might be the arm of my chair but I don't know.

I heard that Jacob has filed for bankruptcy. Noooo - It's my go-to for dresses and tops!

Cher said...

I heard that Jacob filed for bankruptcy too. But no worries, bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean that they'll close. Filing for bankruptcy is just a way to re-manage their debt (I took a class on Bankruptcy a few years ago). I highly doubt they will close.

Cher said...

I heard that Jacob filed for bankruptcy too. But no worries, bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean that they'll close. Filing for bankruptcy is just a way to re-manage their debt (I took a class on Bankruptcy a few years ago). I highly doubt they will close.

Cher said...

Ooh, good call! I actually carry my purse on my right side, but my arm swinging on my left could do it. I was thinking that it might be the tag on the inside of my coat, but I looked and there was no tag there. LOL. Mystery solved!

Sara said...

The piling has to be from something brushing against it - so either your purse, or your free arm that's swinging while you walk! I agree about crewnecks, I always want them but they never win against a flattering V or U shape!

Post a Comment