Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feeling proper.

     Have I mentioned that I actually purchased this H&M lace skirt?

    
     Well I did. Months ago when I found it restocked at my "local" H&M in downtown Toronto. I couldn't contain my excitement! Now ask me if I've worn it.


     =/


     It's such a neutral piece, yet I can't find anything to wear with it. Actually no, I don't think that's quite right. I think the problem might be that it's actually too "girly" to go with anything in my wardrobe! I feel kind of self-conscious when wearing it. But shuffling through my tops, I found a few pieces that might actually work. Here's one of them:


Jacket: Jacob Blazer (Black, size 0).
Top: H&M Silk Top (Blush, size 4).
Skirt: H&M Lace Skirt (Black Lace, size 4).
Shoes: Lauren by Ralph Lauren Zabrina Pump (Black, size 6).
Necklace: Target.


      Not bad, if I do say so myself. I think the real challenge is to find other pieces in my closet that will go with this skirt.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

12 comments:

PetiteLittleGirl said...

It totally worked. I love this outfit, Cher. Everything looks so put together. You did great!

Banhannas said...

I believe Kelly from Alterations Needed has the same skirt, I adore it on both of you guys! Love the professional look to your outfit and I'm sure if you need any more ideas you can check them out on Miss Kelly. =0D

PetiteAsianGirl said...

It goes beautifuly with the blush top! All the petites who have this skirt should post how they styled it in the forum : )

kileen said...

i love this outfit on you and the blush top works perfectly with the lace skirt. my skirt has actually been hanging in the closet for a few weeks now without wear so you've inspired me to pull it out now!

cute and little
enter my The Vintage Scarf giveaway!

Veronica said...

Cute post and nice skirt!
Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

AubreyOhDang! said...

YOU DID GREAT HERE CHER!

Really Petite said...

Oh oh oh..love it!!! I liked how yo u paired a blazer with this skirt- it totally worked- everything :)

Michelle said...

Pretty!! I think it is fun mixing something girly with edgy...so you will be fine! :)

All you ladies and your H&M finds! I should get my lazy butt in that store...but it is just so big and overwhelming! :/

PetiteXXS said...

You look so pretty Cher! Love the outfit... and I'm so jealous of your longer legs! The same skirt hit me well below the knee caps and was a little dowdy. I've seen Kelly wear it with a blouse tucked in & belted, she's also short-waisted (I know that's a concern of yours), but I've seen it in person and it looks really good on her!

Canadianpetite said...

I have that top but had passed on the skirt thinking it's too dressy for the office. Since I have both the blush and mocha shades of the top, I'm gonna hunt this skirt down. Thank you for the post! You did well...

Michelle said...

Pretty!! I think it is fun mixing something girly with edgy...so you will be fine! :)

All you ladies and your H&M finds! I should get my lazy butt in that store...but it is just so big and overwhelming! :/

kileen said...

i love this outfit on you and the blush top works perfectly with the lace skirt. my skirt has actually been hanging in the closet for a few weeks now without wear so you've inspired me to pull it out now!

cute and little
enter my The Vintage Scarf giveaway!

Post a Comment