Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: T Los Angeles Crop Top

     I've been wanting a boxy t-shirt for a while now. Something that was really casual, but a little bit different from the traditional tee. What I was afraid of was wearing something that would overwhelm my frame. There were so many options on Piperlime and I had no idea what exactly I was looking for, just that I wanted something similar to these tops found on Shopbop:


Vince Square T, $80.50 (on sale).


Wilt Boxy T, $67.90 (on sale).
     So I settled on this T Los Angeles Crop Top in Lagoon:






     I gave up on crop tops years ago when I realized that it didn't do my short torso any favors, but for some reason I thought that this would work because it meant less material to overwhelm me. I was wrong.




At first I thought the top was going to be way too short and emphasize my short waist, but now that I look at the photos, it isn't terrible. But the top was too wide despite being an XS. American sizing can really be so frustrating!


    Then I tried it with a tank underneath to help give the illusion of a longer torso:



Then off the shoulder for a different look, but it didn't quite work because it was just too boxy:




      I think it worked best with the long tank and worn on the shoulder. But for $57 plus an extra 30%, I was far from convinced.


      The verdict? Return.


     What do you ladies think? Could I have made it work?


     P.S. Make sure to come back tomorrow! I have a surprise! =)

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

11 comments:

Kia said...

Hi! What jeans are you wearing? Love your blog :P

Cher said...

@Kia J Brand Lightweight Lovestory in Dark Vintage. And thanks! =)

Really Petite said...

I actually like it with the white tank and the tee off the shoulder...you look great! but if you don't love love it- return:)

Stylepint said...

I think the top looks alright, it's supposed to be boxy...so I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you don't love it, don't keep it! =)

Cher said...

@Stylepint Yeah. I think it's just slightly too wide for my preference. And in combination with being a little bit too cropped, I feel so 80s. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog -- love it!

I agree with what you said about the top being a bit too wide -- you have featured cuter tops in your other posts.

Also had a question about your jeans -- how many inches did you have to hem them? I'm wondering because I don't want to buy the jeans and have the flare disappear after all of the hemming that I'm going to have to do. :(

Cher said...

@Anonymous I only had to hem up a few inches, but I have longer legs than many petites (I'm assuming you are petite?). My inseam in flats is almost a full 31" despite being only 5'1. If you have to hem these to shorter than 32", I really wouldn't recommend them because the knee break will be in the wrong spot and the proportions will be off. With flares, it's really important to watch out that--make sure the knee break actually breaks at the knee. HTH! :)

AubreyOhDang! said...

meh. i feel like you can get a men's tshirt and cut it to look like this? hahah. i see girls wearing this type of shirt w/a mini all the time. dont get it. not my style, I guess.

AubreyOhDang! said...

meh. i feel like you can get a men's tshirt and cut it to look like this? hahah. i see girls wearing this type of shirt w/a mini all the time. dont get it. not my style, I guess.

Cher said...

@Kia J Brand Lightweight Lovestory in Dark Vintage. And thanks! =)

Kia said...

Hi! What jeans are you wearing? Love your blog :P

Post a Comment