Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Deliberations: Flatforms.

      I love wedges. I also love platforms. They both not only give extra height to a short stature, but also (generally) aren't as painful to wear as regular heels. What's not to love?


     This spring/summer, the new trend is the "flatform". It's pretty much what it sounds like:




     They are basically a flat sandal/shoe on a platform.


     In theory, I could understand the appeal. A extra height without the pain of putting your weight on the balls of your feet sounds pretty great. But I don't think I can get over the physical appearance of looking like you have a pair of bricks attached to your feet. Sure, maybe I can picture them on the beach, along with rubber high-heeled flip flops. But in the city? I think not. Some flatforms are a little less extreme than others, like these by Nicole (photo from Piperlime.com):


     I may consider wearing them if there was at least a 1.5" arch.


     As I write this, I think I actually owned a pair that would be considered a "flatform" when I was in my early 20s. LOL! I remember when I tossed them out after a few years thinking how incredibly ugly they were. How in the world did my BFF let me buy these? If I had know they'd be all the rage ten years later, I would have kept them...or not.


     What do you ladies think of the flatform? Will you be adding them to your Spring/Summer wardrobe this year?

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

8 comments:

SewPetiteGal said...

I want, want, want! BUT before I pull the trigger, I'd love to see a "real" person model / review them (hint, hint LOL).

curls-and-pearls said...

You know, I don't think there is anything significantly different about these sandals! I think I have a similar pair from last year (or before) in my closet! It's more about comfort AND looks for me!

AubreyOhDang! said...

FUGSicles! hahah that's just my honest opinion.

Cher said...

LOL @AubreyOhDang! You crack me up.

AubreyOhDang! said...

hahah, but wait...good news is i can be convinced. i give harsh outrageous comments sometimes, but I'm willing to reconsider my opinion if I can see it on someone. I have a hard time envisioning things sometimes. so i look fwd to a review if u end up w/a pair.

Cher said...

@AubreyOhDang! haha. well i dont think i'm going to be the guinea pig on this one unless I can dig up that old pair I had, but I'm pretty sure I donated those.

curls-and-pearls said...

You know, I don't think there is anything significantly different about these sandals! I think I have a similar pair from last year (or before) in my closet! It's more about comfort AND looks for me!

AubreyOhDang! said...

FUGSicles! hahah that's just my honest opinion.

Post a Comment