Friday, April 22, 2011

Friend Friday: Inspiration

     My first FBFF post! Hopefully the first of many!


1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration?


    Although  I don't really look to one celebrity in particular, I love Victoria Beckham.  She's usually more dressed up that I am, but she always looks amazing. For more a casual, every day style that's more suited to my own lifestyle I really like Halle Berry and Charlize Theron.


via The Vogue Diaries
Photo Credit: BauerGriffinOnline
Photo Credit: Fame Pictures


2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?


     Blogs, runway fashion, magazines, celebrity fashion. I take my inspiration from everywhere. Even though my own style is fairly minimalist and classic, I do like to look to other people with a different style to see how they put things together and then put my own little spin on it. Let's be honest. Minimalism can get a little boring and redundant if you don't mix it up a bit and style it in different ways. It always good to have a little jolt of something fresh and different.


3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?


     I hope I inspire my readers to try different things and look at my style and somehow make it their own.  It's always flattering to see someone else wearing what I'm wearing or style something exactly the way I've styled it,  but that's not necessarily the point. I want to see other's take on what I've done in the past. When I do, it's a really great feeling.

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?



     All the people in my life inspire me. They're all individuals and they've all done something different which what makes them who they are today. My family, my SO, my friends. They've all fought/fighting for what they believe in and for what they want. Life is a long struggle. And although we may not always get there or get to the place we want to be in the time we expected, it's the struggle and the challenges that makes us who we are. Those who don't give up and who've struggled their whole life, they are my inspiration.



5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you? 


    Right now, one song that inspires me is Firework by Katy Perry. Great motivational lyrics and very upbeat (perfect for running). It's a reminder not to give up no matter what your struggles are and how long you've been struggling.




   Want to see more answers? Check out ModlyChic.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

2 comments:

Aubrey Dang said...

I look at people who have similar body types to see what they're wearing. VB is def one of 'em for me too.

Kimberlee VDW said...

Great post! Love the caption of your blog hehe I'm petite as well so I can relate :)

Post a Comment