- Quality of material. No ribbing, preferably with a little stretch but not necessary as long as they keep their shape after many washes;
- Light material, but not too sheer;
- Length of sleeves. Not too long, and not cap-sleeved;
- Flattering, because of course, we petites generally aren't a fan of boxiness;
- V-neck. Low, but not too low; and
- Inexpensive, preferably under $20ea.
Meeting all the conditions was pretty impossible for years. And then AE invented the Deep V-Neck T about 7 years ago (or sometimes called the Favorite V-neck T) . Brilliant. I can't say enough about these tees. These tees change a little bit every year. And although this year, I'm not all that impressed by them (they are too long, and have this "burnout" pattern), most years they are perfect and fell for an extremely reasonable price of $15.50.
This is this year's version:
|AE Deep V-Neck T, $15.50. Buy here.|
I usually buy a couple every year or every few years, as a result, I have quite a few of these. So when I don't like one year's particular version, I'm not devastated. I generally buy one size up because I like them a slightly loose-fitting and slouchy. LOVE.
Do you love white tees as much as I do? Do you have a favorite? Or do you have a particular piece of clothing from a certain brand that you keep going back to buy year after year? Please share!