Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Deliberations: AFD Style Poll.

     We all have our own personal fashion rules. For example, don't mix black and brown, don't mix leathers, no white after Labor Day, etc., etc. I personally have no problems with those particular things. However, one "rule" I do seem to have is: Don't cover exposed zippers with belts. I'm not sure if this is irrational or not, but it seems to me that if the zipper is supposed to be exposed, why obstruct it's view with a belt? I'm sure it's just a personal preference, but what do you ladies think? Is covering an exposed zipper with a belt OK? Or am I being irrational? 





     What are your own personal fashion rules that you can't seem to break, but you know it might be completely irrational? Leave a comment below!



Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

10 comments:

Amber said...

i never thought to do it, but seeing it on you makes me think otherwise. maybe it depends on the colors and size of the belt?

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

I say it's fine b/c I do it all the time LOL!

Cynthia C. M. said...

I think belts are fine over zippers if they're a similar/the same colour - i.e. if the skirt is black, you can do a black belt.  I wouldn't do a different colour, though.

BTW, is that skirt from Zara?

Little Nashua said...

I think it looks great in your picture.  I am not a fan of exposed zippers (I always think they make a dress look unfinished) but they are in style right now, and they are unavoidable, so go for it. It doesn't look bad at all.

Cher said...

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if the skirt was black and the belt was thicker and also black?

Cher said...

LOL. I'm just a stickler for details, I guess.

Cher said...

Yes, it's from Zara! I like this skirt so much, I've been debating getting another in black.

Really Petite said...

I never even thought about it this way but I think I do all the time..LOL

I say it's fine as long as it looks good :)

AUBS* said...

i think it looks normal.  i wouldn't give it a second thought.

La Professionnelle said...

I would have guessed no but it works for sure in the way you are showing it here. I prefer it with the color contrast shown here but is the exposed zipper gold or grey? 

Post a Comment