Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Letting it all hang out.

Blouse: Ann Taylor Leopard Trench Blouse (Leopard print, size 2P).
Denim: J Brand Lightweight Lovestory (Dark Vintage, size 25).
Blazer: Zara, popped collar (Black, size S).
Necklace: Forever21.
Ring: Le Chateau.
Boots: Coach Letty Wedge Boots (Black, size 6.5).
Clutch: Botkier Charlotte Clutch (Black).

    I've been experimenting with my shirt-tails lately. Fully tucked in, the "mullet"-tuck (think J.Crew), and all hanging out. The mullet-tuck and a fully showing shirt-tail isn't always so appropriate for work, but it's still kind of fun to see how it looks under layers of different lengths. In this case, a shorter jacket. 


    The story behind this AT Leopard Trench Blouse: I am in love with it.  I'm not sure what possessed me to try this on in the store, but when I did, there was no doubt that I wasn't leaving the store without it. In fact, I loved it so much, I didn't even really pay too much attention to the fit (does anyone else do this?!). It felt a little small in 0P (my regular size), but I thought that was just because it was polyester and there wasn't much stretch to it. But when I brought it home (to Canada, no less), I realized that it was *REALLY* small.  I'm pretty much a 0P/XSP on top across the board in most brands, sometimes an XXSP, or a regular XS in Canadian or Euro-brand things. But I had to exchange this for a 2P! I don't think that's ever happened before in my lifetime. But even still in 2P it is still a little snug across the chest when buttoned up all the way, and I'm not even large chested. I contemplated going up to a 4P but thought that this would make the blouse way too boxy around the waist. I love this thing though and I thought I would never be one to wear a leopard blouse. How things change.


   Like these Lovestory jeans? Me too: 


Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

12 comments:

The Girlie Blogger said...

Ok this look is so hot I don't even know what to say Ioce it's understated sexiness.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Rites of Beauty Blogger said...

I love your style and I'm definitely adding "mullet tuck" to my list of favourite fashion expression.

http://ritesofbeauty.blogspot.com

Canadianpetite said...

My office must be soooo casual or else I'm pushing it with the shirttail thing. Your blazer is so unique!

Jenn said...

I've always  fiddled around with the different types of tucking and have only settled for the regular 'tuck-everything-in' tuck.  I love your jacket btw!  Its super chic.  And your hair looks amazing!!!

TOBeautyReviews said...

Those jeans and that blazer is fantastic! Would love to see just the blouse on you!

Ailyn Tran said...

I love that structured jacket!  It definitely brings this really cool & sleek vibe to your look.  :)

Polka Princess said...

Such a smart blazer!! <3

AUBS* said...

you have a lot of amazingly fitted pants that make you look statuesque.

Cher said...

Haha. I was actually going through my pant/jean collection the other night and thought that I've done pretty darn well. But it's taken me so many years to find them and build a good collection. Lots of patience and buying/returning and I'm not afraid to splurge a bit when I do finally find a great pair. Being so small, a lot of the time we don't have that luxury of finding an inexpensive well-fitting pair of trousers, so if you really want a pair, you just have to invest. Of course, it then becomes a problem when you find an expensive brand that consistently fits you well across the board because then you want to buy as many as can get your hands on. Theory is killing me right now. :P

Cher said...

Haha. Thanks Jenn! I finally got a haircut! =D

Cher said...

LOL. Sometimes I push the mullet-tuck at the office. I'd be kind of afraid in certain office environments, but the work site that I'm usually at is pretty darn casual but I still try not to look as sloppy as some other people I've seen. 

Katherine said...

Love the leopard top peeking out! Such a chic, great look :)

Post a Comment