Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Black Magic.

Sweater: Jacob Turtleneck (Black, size XS).
Belt: ASOS Double Wrap Leather Belt (Black, size S).
Pants: Talula Babaton by Artizia William (?) Trousers (Black, size 0).
Clutch: Botkier Charlotte Clutch (Black).
Boots: Coach Letty Wedge Boots (Black, size 6.5).
Ring: Le Chateau.

    If I didn't think I would look so goth and unapproachable, I would wear all black outfits more frequently--I love the minimalistic and edgy look of it. But an unsociable and aloof vampire isn't the impression I would like to portray in the workplace. :P


   Whether we recognize it or not, what we wear at work gives off a certain impression to those around us. What do you think your work style says about you and is that the image that you would like to portray to your colleagues and/or clients?

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

12 comments:

Laurel said...

i think you look chic. i LOVE black, and all black outfits. so very nyc style. i don't think wearing all black once in awhile to work would hurt your image much :-)

SS_littleflowers said...

I love your black outfit! You look really chic and elegant.

Now I'm trying to be stylish in professional situation. I'm still wearing the same clothes in my graduate school, and probably most of my colleague wear the same... my work environment is probably kind of unique.

Girlie Blogger said...

What a gorgeous black on black.

Rakhshanda said...

I'm crazy about black color outfit, you look gorgeous <3

TOBeautyReviews said...

I love this outfit - sometimes an all not so basic black outfit is underrated! I think your work style DEFINITELY says something about the image. You only have to watch one episode of "What Not To Wear" to see proof :P

Tiffglee said...

Really like your combo, very sleek and sophisticated.

Callandra said...

I love this outfit!...and black says New York too ;)

Canadianpetite said...

Yes, definitely. My co-workers try to get away with wearing weekend-casual wear as much as possible; whereas, I love to dress up a bit more. This fact made me stand out to the managers even though I am shy. I wouldn't have my job if I didn't insist on dressing as well as I could. 

Beans said...

I like your outfits.  I usually rock all black on Fridays.  It is my badass day :)

Cher said...

Badass day? I love it!

Cher said...

My co-workers try to do the same. Even though I don't get fully dressed up in a suit, I tend to be on the dressier side of business casual, and that's definitely different from what you see in my office. Sometimes I just cringe at what they wear. I know the client isn't going to see you and it isn't exactly a job where you'd expect to find your way to the top but please put some effort into looking presentable!

Sarah Ward said...

Sometimes wearing all black is so sophisticated! I've just moved to Seattle and have noticed that all black is the dress code of choice in a lot of places. 

Sarah
Cable Car Couture

Post a Comment