Monday, February 13, 2012

NYFW A/W 2012: Diane von Furstenberg

   I always enjoy DVF's RTW collections. It tends to be a lot more feminine than I would typically wear IRL, but the prints and the silhouettes are certainly to be admired. I didn't see this show stream live, however there was incredible hype all over twitter when the show was finished. I was curious to see what the big deal was. When I finally got around to taking a look, I understood. The lineup was very sophisticated with an air of Parisian chic. It had beautiful touches of leather, including my favorite, opera length leather gloves. But also, DVF who is known for her prints, toned it down a little in this collection--there was less print, but there were still bright, bold solid colors. Also noticeable were more body-hugging silhouettes with higher slits and lower necklines than in previous collections. Just beautiful. Here are a few of my favorites in the lineup, more can be found at Nowfasion.com:


Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

4 comments:

CynthiaC.M. said...

As a mostly solids girl, the lack of print is a good thing!  I'm also loving the silhouettes as it looks like I don't have to get rid of anything in my closet for next year - good for my wallet!  Are you watching the shows online?

Cher said...

I'm a little afraid to stream them at work, so I watch what I can when I get home. But NowFashion.com is great for up to the minute runway photos without actually streaming the shows so that sits open while I work. Luckily, my job doesn't require much brain power. :P

Katherine said...

Oh wow, beautiful! You're right, very Parisian. I love the leather gloves. 

Girlie Blogger said...

I'm a huge fan of hers too. Love her clean style.
Girlie Blog Seattle - Beauty Tips, Makeup How To, Seattle Lifestyle

Post a Comment