Wednesday, August 8, 2012

AFD Obsession: Ash Bowie Wedge Sneaker


Photos from Ashfootwearusa.com

   Even I acknowledge that the idea of a high-heeled sneaker is just so incredibly ridiculous, and yet, I cannot turn away. Quite honestly, I've wanted a pair since my teens and even though I'm now in my 30s, I apparently haven't outgrown the idea. OK, I admit, I owned a pair of those stiletto converse versions from the late 90s-early 2000s. They were very similar to these with a more classic-shaped heel:


Photo from Gizmodiva

    Funny, right?? 

    I likely (or hopefully?) won't purchase a pair of wedge sneakers knowing that it is probably a short-lived trend, but boy, am I tempted. I tried on a Steve Madden "knock-off" version in the mall yesterday and they were oh so cute, but true to Steve Madden form, oh so hurty. 

   Ash has several different pairs, but I'm partial to the Bowie style. They have hefty price of $225 (although they don't cost as much as Isabel Marant). They also come in several other colors:





     Urbanoutfitters and Jildorshoes carries a few colors that are not yet sold out. Check it out here and here.

     As a side note, my mom is staying with me for the next three weeks, so I'm not sure how much blogging I can do while she's here. Posts may be very sporadic until she's gone. 

What do you think of wedge sneakers? I know that there are some strong opinions out there on these. Love 'em or hate 'em?
  

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

15 comments:

SS_littleflowers said...

I think it is ok to wear high-heels sneakers as long as they are like 1st or 3rd or 4th ones even though that trend wont last so long. 2nd one looks funny....

Carrie said...

I find myself inexplicably drawn to those shoes as well, although I know they're not practical and the trend won't last long. But if I had money to burn, I'd get 'em. :) The bright blue ones are great!

neko said...

hello first time commenter and fellow female engineer.  I loved the look but think it's too much of a fad to spend on.  I bought the Hi in black and Oly in tan.  Very comfortable.

check out:
Steve Madden Hilight  $149 (amazon CAMPUS12 for $20 off  = $129)
Steve Madden Olympiaa $99

Olympiaa looks most like the style you posted.  Hilight looks more like the Isabel.

Cher said...

Hi Neko! Thanks for de-lurking! ;) I agree, they are expensive and I would totally go for a less expensive pair if I could find one that doesn't hurt. I tried the SM Olympiaa at Macy's and I found them way too painful to be walking around in. Especially for a sneaker? There should be padding in there somewhere! As much as it hurts to pay a lot for a fad, I can no longer bring myself to pay money for a shoe that hurts that I will inevitably not wear because of the pain! :P

bea said...

just picked up this petite friendly zara tote in black 
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012/269200/828137/LEATHER%20SHOPPER thought of you b/c you mentioned the other zara tote last time

Cher said...

thx! I've had my eye on a few Zara totes recently but haven't pulled the trigger. Good to know that one is petite-friendly!

Angelabrooks741 said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider
adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back. 


 


Thanks!


 


Angela


angelabrooks741@gmail.com

lisacng said...

They are
certainly fun and the first pair are kinda cool with the taupe colors. I'd
consider wearing them under pants though, like I would a pair of boots. But for
over $200, I'd pass. LOL on the converse pumps, whoa!

Chicmichele said...

Nastygal has a couple options for you! They're cheaper than Ash sneaks.
http://www.nastygal.com/shoes_back-in-stock/venice-wedge-sneaker-blue 

gigiofca said...

I am definitely intrigued by the Ash wedge sneakers. I've been trying to catch them on flash sale sites, with no luck. I should probably try them on first to see if I even like the style on me. I think the Ash ones you highlighted are so cute.

Chandra Farris said...

ShoeDazzle just came out with a great dupe @ only $39.95 (plus there are a bunch of discount codes for 20% off your 1st order): http://www.shoedazzle.com/products/URGE-4


But I have no idea what the comfort level of their shoes are (my guess would be low) & I know that is very important to you. : )

susan chuang said...

Love them so much, amazing wedge sneakers, did you buy them at http://www.upere.com/upere-wedge-sneakers-c-1.html?

John Marine said...

I find it hard to get into these sporty wedge sneakers. Not much for me to get excited about seeing these being worn and complimented with outfits. Especially these hidden wedge sneakers just aren't speaking to me.

By the way... I found this blog semi-randomly. Have a happy new year! :)

johnbmarine.blogspot.com

Cher said...

I haven't purchased them yet. Actually, no, that's a lie. I did buy them in cobalt blue, but I returned them because they were too small and I felt like the color wasn't very versatile. I have been going back and forth about buying the black ones but we'll see if I end up with them. I think the problem is me not wanting to spend too much but I'm not happy with the cheaper versions.

Cher said...

Haha. I can understand, these don't speak to a lot of people. But they've intrigued me for a long time. I keep going back and forth about buying myself a pair. Have a happy 2013! :)

Post a Comment