Monday, September 10, 2012

AFD Obsession: Faith Connexion Peplum Tweed Jacket.





    How amazing is this collarless jacket by Faith Connexion? The classic material of tweed finished off with edgy details of leather trim and zippers? Yes, please.

    The structure of the jacket is unbelievable with the slight peplum, which gives the illusion of a smaller waist without the exaggerated ruffling of a traditional peplum shape. Along with the shorter length, I would expect this to be super flattering on petites. It looks great both open and closed so the possibilities are endless. The one thing I might be able to do without is the irridescent threads that are apparently weaved through the boucle, but as far as I can tell, it can be overlooked. Get it here for $605. Ouch. I love this, but I don't think I could swallow the idea of paying more for boucle tweed than I did for my Veda Max Leather jacket. For something not as ridiculously priced, check out a red "tweed" version from Zara here or something more military-inspired here. Or J.Crew's version with a more pronounced peplum here.

Tweet This ! Facebook Send An Email ! Stumble Pin It

4 comments:

BromopneaWombat75 said...

@!http://goo.gl/Rjvc6

Eliz said...

Drool...I love tweed..I saw this great tweed jacket at nordstrom online..and I waited a few days before ordering it...and when I tried it was sold out! :-( Everyone loves tweed!

-eliz
www.tinybitsofnonsense.com

clara turbay said...

it´s excellent style and new ideas every time.

lisacng said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment