My ultimate goal is to have a versatile and quality wardrobe without spending a fortune. I'm not going to lie. It is a challenge because I do tend to like more mid-range and higher-end items not only for the quality, but because they also have a tendency to fit better on a petite body due to less vanity-sizing. I also have no qualms about investing/splurging on items that I feel will stand the test of time both with respect to style and quality.
My moto: Quality and fit over quantity. But Vivenne Westwood probably said it better:
1. Club Monaco Mackenzie Block Merino Crew, $53.37:
2. Ann Taylor Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater in Winter White, ~$80:
2. BB Dakota Brocade Chiffon Blouse, $34:
5. Birthday present to myself: 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel in Black, $783:
Total for November: ~$167 plus the birthday present of $783,
1. Babaton by Aritzia Spencer Wool Coat (Black), $336 incl. tax:
2. Jacob Black and White Deco Scarf, $33.82:
3. Club Monaco Mackenzie Leather Sleeve Trench, $447.48:
4. Club Monaco Margaret Top, $108.39:
Total for October: $925.69.
1. Ann Taylor Silk Blouse (2 - Classy Cobalt, Racing Green): ~$100:
2. TNA by Aritzia Otago Blouse (Camo) ~$84.75:
Total for September: ~$185.
1. Nine West Panto Flats in Leopard Calf Hair, ~$42:
2. Ann Taylor Factory Blouses (2)~ $50
3. Banana Republic Factory Blouse ~$40.
4. Forever21 Rings ~$30.
5. Topshop Twisted Silverstone Midi Ring, $15.
Total for August, ~$177.
Nothing! When was the last time that happened??
1. Zara Envelope Bag with Strap, ~$112.89 with tax:
2. Aldo Campomaggiore Clutch, $28.24:
3. Aldo Midi-rings, ~$15.
4. Club Monaco Nora Ponte Shell, $77.91:
5. Zara Sheath Skirt, white: $56.49:
6., 7. Topshop necklaces: ~$33.
9. Zara T-Back T-shirt, $~32.
Total for June, $340.53.
1. Theory Lanai Tailor Blazer in Black, ~$250:
2. J.Crew Factory Flower Fringe Necklace, $25.50:
3. Theory Lanai Twill Jacket, ~$223:
1. Ariztia Ellis Pant in Wild Indigo, $107.35 including tax:
2. J.Crew Tipped Boy Shirt in Black Alabaster, ~$83:
Total for April, thus far: ~$244.
I decided to take on a 5-item Challenge for the months of January, February, and March. This challenge allows me to buy only 5 items for the next three months including accessories, but not including necessities like underwear and socks and items purchased with gift cards. I am also giving myself a $20/month allowance for accessories. There is no price limit, but I obviously want to do the best I can in the savings department. This will hopefully cut down on my spending for the next three months while putting a lot of thought into my purchases focusing on needs vs. wants and paying close attention to the quality of items. Will I make it? I hope so. This is definitely going to be interesting.
1. Wilfred by Aritzia Exquis Jacket in Lake, $85.60 including tax:
2. H&M Collarless blazer in black, $90.34 including tax.
3. Club Monaco Emily Pant in Black Cherry, $153.23 including tax:
4. Loeffler Randall Matilde Boots in Black, ~$275:
5. Zara Dress with Cape Sleeves in Yellow, $90.29 including tax:
6. Aldo Chism Wedge Sneaker in Black, $77.75:
7. Ann Taylor Pleated V-neck Wrap Top in Black, $19:
8. Ann Taylor Crepe Scalloped Hem Top in Lemon Fizz, $29.40:
Items purchased with rewards cards:
Gap Mini Skimmer in Khaki, purchased with GAP rewards:
Ann Taylor Pleated V-neck top in Hickory (different color than shown below):
Challenge, unsuccessful. Eight items purchased plus two with rewards cards. I spent a total of $820.31 over three months for an average of $273.44 per month.